Monday, May 25, 2009

First morning :)

Here I am in Hong Kong. Not a bad flight actually. I did get an entire row to myself. Four seats and I could stretch out and sleep. Nice:)
Yes the room is actually a 6x6, but it has all I need. And yes the shower and toilet is one in the same. The water pressure was great though, which is important:)
Sam will be here in a little over an hour to get me so I can go get my visa into China...speaking of Sam...here is my first funny story.

My plane gets in about 30 minutes early but by the time I get to baggage reclaim it's 5:55 PM. Arrival time was scheduled for 6:00 PM. So I get my luggage and wait for Sam...no Sam 10 min, 30 min...so I figure the airport has wifi so I will log on and see if I have any messages...or try to skype Yvonne...10 minutes later I finally connect. I have to ask her to call Sam from the house phone...only way we have to contact him...She does and he was waiting for me....Seems I was still in a secure area and needed to leave the baggage reclaim area to find him....He laughed and called me an "inexperienced traveler". So, after waiting for 45 minutes we connect.

All good after that. Had my first meal...kind of funny...they gave us a fork and smiled...We used chop sticks...no fork for me while I am here!!!!

I will add pictures later :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you two connected -- I was a little nervous, since we hadn't talked to him since he got home from his own China trip - and I had skyped him messages, saying you were getting in early, but he hadn't answered -- so I am sooo glad it worked out perfect!

    ReplyDelete